.5 Paraprofessional Preschool / .5 Administrative Assistant
- .5 Paraprofessional Preschool / .5 Administrative Assistant JobID: 240
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Desert View Preschool
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- Passing Score on Parapro Test
- Ability to understand and provide supplemental help to students
- Self motivated with minimal supervision
- Skills to operate standard office equipment including use of basic computer applications, use English in both written and verbal form, use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Office skills: typing, copy machine, telephone, bookkeeping procedures, knowledge of computers and calculator (Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Power School, SIAS)
- Must have courteous telephone manners, the ability to communicate effectively with school personnel, parents, and students, good work attitude with a positive and pleasant disposition.
- Knowledge of state laws governing records and attendance
- Knowledge of School Procedures and District Policies
- Present a professional demeanor to the public
- Meet and greet parents on a daily basis
- Provide daily sign in /out logs for parents
- Assist with safety and security of bus loading of the preschool children
- Maintain correct preschool student records in computer and hard copies in cum folders
- Registers and withdraws students; review completed enrollment forms, send for student records and provide information to preschool director to determine teacher assignment of student/placement
- Maintain correct attendance data for each preschool teacher and turn in reports as required by local and state offices.
- Address attendance issues and enrollment questions.
- Make necessary contact with parents of children with attendance problems; work with school/district liaisons for parent contact.
- Verify and sign all forms brought in by parents requiring enrollment information; i.e. DES forms, for court and other special services.
- Verify attendance and enrollment for preschool teams/Quality First documentation
- Schedule Child Find appointments
- Contact parents as needed via phone, email
- Pull files and information for staff IEP/Evaluation
- Provide IEP/Evaluation paperwork to B Building staff for permanent file retention
- Maintain a list of all new students to the school and/or district; maintain and prepare class lists.
- Assist secretary, school nurse, and other staff members as needed.
- Provide necessary secretarial responsibilities in the secretary's absence
- Prepare student cum folders for following year
- Prepare transition files for preschoolers aging to kindergarten
- Create yearly registration/enrollment packets; participate in yearly enrollment
- Assist with McKinney-Veto registration packets; give out school supplies and backpacks to qualifying students.
- Monitor and maintain error reports for Power Schools.
- Attend Power School trainings and meetings.
- Monitor and maintain 45 Day Screening forms for new preschool students/ from private and Head start programs
- Answer phones and assist with daily mail.
- Assist with attendance phone calls verifying absences and after school arrangements, and maintain documentation accordingly.
- Assist in signing in visitors and students and with student check-out.
- Support the paperwork needed by the Preschool director or special education students
- Attend Quality first trainings for documentation of QF requirements and scholarship applications
- Participate as needed with community outreach programs for the Page integrated Preschool
- Help develop Preschool newsletters to families
- Maintain office machines (Xerox, laminator, etc.)
- Annually by the Preschool Coordinator
TITLE: .5 Paraprofessional PreSchool
• Ability to relate well to both children and adults
• Good written and oral language skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; computer experience preferred.
• Used in classrooms to provide instruction, meets ESSA requirements with AA or 60 hours. Supervised and directed by a certified teacher.
• Establish base-line data through pre and post testing of identified students, and use computer and testing data to track student progress.
• Under the direction of district personnel to provide supplemental support to identified students by coordinating testing, record keeping, scheduling and prioritizing special services.
• Assist teacher in small group or individual instruction
• Prepare special materials for students and for the classroom
• Supervise students as needed
• The District reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary
TITLE: .5 Preschool Front Office/Attendance Clerk
REPORTS TO: Supervising teacher / Preschool Coordinator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: (Paraprofessional) 9 month position / (Administrative Assitant) 10 months