- Avid Tutor JobID: 414
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Page High School
- College student with at minimum 2.5 G.P.A. Preferred
- Adult Tutors – Former teacher, college graduates
- Must have a strong math and English background, evidenced by college transcript
- HS Senior students accepted as "peer tutors"
- 3.5 HS GPA
- Success in advanced math preferred
- AVID 12 students considered individually
- Success in AP/DE classes preferred
- Determine from student notes and discussions, the concepts that need to be taught or re-taught.
- Evaluate student binders, including calendars, class and textbook notes, etc.
- Become familiar with the materials in the AVID Curriculum Libraries.
- Become familiar with the textbooks and materials used by AVID students.
- Conduct tutorial sessions in all areas of mathematics, science, social studies, English, Spanish, Navajo and Nursing.
- Conduct mini-lessons in the process of writing in all subject areas, study skills, and other aspects of college preparation.
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for AVID students to follow.
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as brainstorming, clustering, revision, and editing.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the AVID coordinator/teacher regarding student progress and areas of concern.
Set by Building Principal
Reports To: Building Principal – AVID Teacher
Evaluation: Annually by the Building Principal – AVID teacher
Terms of Employment: Annually, as approved by the Building Principal and the Governing Board.