Clerical - Attendance / Registrar Clerk
- Clerical - Attendance / Registrar Clerk JobID: 455
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Lake View Primary
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled
- Operate standard office equipment including use of basic computer applications, use English in both written and verbal form, use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, perform basic arithmetic.
- Office skills: typing, copy machine, telephone, bookkeeping procedures, knowledge of computers and calculator (Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Power School, SAIS)
- Must have courteous telephone manners, the ability to communicate effectively with school personnel, parents, and students, good work attitude with a positive and pleasant disposition.
- Knowledge of state laws governing records and attendance
- Knowledge of School Procedures and District Policies
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- AA degree or 60+ college hours preferred
- Maintain correct attendance data for each teacher and turn in reports as required by local and state offices.
- Maintain correct student records in computer and hard copies in cumulative folders
- Registers and withdraws students; review completed enrollment forms, send for student records and assist in determine teacher assignment of student/placement.
- Maintain office machines (Xerox, laminator, etc.)
- Address attendance issues and enrollment questions.
- Make necessary contact with parents of children with attendance problems; work with school/district liaisons for parent contact.
- Verify and sign all forms brought in by parents requiring enrollment information; i.e. DES forms, for court and other special services.
- Verify attendance and enrollment for Watch Group, counseling services, Dean, Principal and General Education Intervention (GEI) meetings.
- Run attendance reports and letters, and gather material need for referrals to City Attorney and Navajo Prosecutor.
- Pull files and information for General Education Intervention meetings and file GEI meeting notes.
- Assist school counselor with student information for requesting internal and external services
- Maintain a list of all new students to the school and/or district; maintain and prepare class lists.
- Assist Admin Assistant, school nurse, and other staff members as needed.
- Provide necessary secretarial responsibilities in the Admin Assistants absence
- Prepare student cumulative folders for following year
- Create yearly registration/enrollment packets; participate in yearly enrollment recruitment activities.
- Work with ELL, Gifted and Special Education departments in new enrollments; assist in obtaining records.
- Assist with McKinney-Veto registration packets; give out school supplies and backpacks to qualifying students.
- Fill out and file Coconino County School Absentee Surveillance worksheet as required by Coconino County.
- Monitor and maintain error reports for Power Schools.
- Attend Power School trainings and meetings.
- Monitor and maintain 45 Day Screening forms for new students.
- Answer phones and assist with daily mail.
- Takes attendance phone calls verifying absences and after school arrangements, maintain documentation accordingly.
- Sign in visitors and students with student check-out.
- The District reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary
- Other Duties as assigned
TITLE: Attendance / Registrar Clerk
SALARY: Level 4,
REPORTS TO: Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: As determined by board