Dean of Students PMS
- Dean of Students PMS JobID: 528
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Page Middle School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled   Title: Middle School Dean of Students
- Coordinates, facilitates and implements disciplinary intervention steps, including PBIS, and processes with staff, working closely with building administration, district administration, and school district liaisons
- Motivate students in a positive direction which will help students increase individual decision making responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in various leadership team meetings and other building meetings as assigned and be prepared to share concerns regarding disciplinary issues.
- Must possess the ability to interpret attendance data accurately and do so on a daily basis.
- Coordinates, facilitates and implements attendance intervention steps, including but not limited to holding conferences with parents/guardians, making telephonic or written contact with students and parents to discuss attendance irregularities.
- Work successfully and positively with all students who have received disciplinary referrals to provide them with assistance in meeting their educational needs.
- Process and administer discipline consequences which includes, but is not limited to, ensuring the due process is met for all students, attendance at IEP and Manifestation hearings as needed and attendance at all district and/or expulsion hearings if required
- Monitor student behavior (before & after school, lunch, hallways, parking lot, campus)
- Bus Duty
- Assist with school wide and event supervision.
- Behavior contracts – placement of students at risk on behavior contracts/ monitor behavior/ parent contacts
- Record keeping – maintain accurate records on discipline, parent contacts, intervention strategies, etc.
- PBIS committee member and PBIS data collection
- Communicate and coordinate with Student Support Services Coordinator to identify at risk behaviors of students
- Attendance incentive programs – coordinating and administration of attendance incentives on monthly and semester basis
- Required to follow Board policies and keep abreast of updates and changes.
- Duties as assigned
- The district reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully and positively with all students and parents to provide them with assistance in meeting their educational needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate orally and in writing with clarity and conciseness.
- Applicants must have successful experience in working with culturally diverse families and communities, or have otherwise demonstrated a commitment to strengthening engagement of a diverse community and skill in communicating with a diverse population.
- Strong assessment, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflict
- Demonstrate successful teaching and/or counseling experience in a school district setting preferred
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Degree or a combination of work/education in areas referenced above preferred
Reports To: Building Principal
Salary: DOE appropriate salary schedule per qualifications
The Dean’s performance is evaluated by the building principal and/or designee according to the provisions of PUSD's policy on evaluation.
A school district of about 2,700 students, of which 78% are Native American, we offer a New Teacher Induction training to all new teachers, a 198 day new teacher contract, paid holidays, Arizona State Retirement, 12 undesignated paid leave days, and relocation stipends.
Work where others play! Page, Lake Powell, AZ is a small, progressive community located 130 miles north of Flagstaff, AZ on a high plateau between the Navajo Nation and spectacular Lake Powell. Surrounded by several natural attractions, such as Horseshoe Bend, the Colorado River, and Antelope Canyon, and also centrally located amongst Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches, and more. Page, AZ is a beautiful place to live and work.
Online application, followed by application screening and interview process. Application, resume' and supporting documents should be submitted ASAP for consideration.