Dean of Students
- Dean of Students JobID: 641
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Lake View Primary
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled   TITLE: Dean of Students
- Ability to relate well with students and parents
- Familiarity with Navajo language and culture preferred
- Good written and oral language skills in English
- Ability to maintain accurate records in writing and on a computer
- Skills in behavior management techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflict
- Experience in discipline and/or counseling
- Ability to obtain and hold a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- AA degree or 60+ college hours preferred or passing score on the Praxis Parapro test.
- Student discipline as directed by the building principal
- At-risk counseling
- Manage student supervision issues and enforce school behavior
- Assign student discipline I.E. verbal warnings, in school suspension
- Parent/Guardian contacts as needed
- Monitor student behavior: before school, passing between periods, Playground, after school
- Supervise and monitor bus ramp as scheduled
- Discipline statistic recording and reporting
- Assist in the planning, development and implementation of individual student behavior plans.
- Assist in developing and implementing programs to promote positive student behavior as well as intervention strategies.
- Assist in writing grants that are related to student management
- Develop appropriate drug and alcohol intervention strategies.
- Participate in watchgroup.
- Other related duties as assigned
- The district reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary.
SALARY: Classified Schedule Level 6
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
EVALUATION: Annually by the Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Set annually by the Governing Board.
Praxis Paraprofessional Test may be scheduled at the District Office, the cost of the test is $55, and study guides are available upon request.. Other tests accepted but not administered at the school are the ACT Workkeys or the Master Teacher’s ParaEducator PD now. Please go to: http://www.azed.gov for more information.