- District/Parent Liaison JobID: 204
- Position Type:
Student Support Services
- Date Posted:
Central Business Office
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled
- High School diploma required.
- Ability to relate well with both adults and children.
- Familiarity with surrounding Navajo communities.
- Good written and especially oral language skills in English.
- Navajo language speaker preferred.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records in writing and on a computer.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Deliver written communications from the school: i.e. District Hearing letters.
- Get signatures from families on required paperwork.
- Provide transportation to or from school when no other transportation is available.
- Complete home visits as necessary.
- Translate for visitors who are not comfortable communicating in English.
- Reach out to students with excessive absences: i.e. - in danger of 10-day drop.
- Attend Student Support Team meetings as assigned.
- Log all calls and meetings with parents.
- Assist with distribution of Friday Food Program.
- Assist with other school needs as assigned: i.e. - parent teacher conferences
- The District reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary
TITLE: District Liaison
SALARY: Classified Schedule – Level 4
REPORTS TO: Student Support Services Coordinator
JOB GOAL: To bridge communication between the schools and the parents/guardians of our students.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: As determined by the Governing Board
EVALUATION: Twice per year by the Student Support Service Coordinator/ to Superintendent