District Receptionist/HR Assistant
- District Receptionist/HR Assistant JobID: 112
- Position Type:
Secretarial/Clerical/Business Office Clerk
- Date Posted:
Central Business Office
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled
- Skills to operate standard office equipment including use of basic computer software applications. Proper use of English in both written and verbal form, including correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Must have courteous telephone manners; the ability to communicate effectively with school personnel, vendors, and have a good work attitude with a positive and pleasant disposition.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Assist with answering switchboard calls in a courteous manner and transfer calls to appropriate parties.
- Greet and direct public to appropriate offices.
- Monitor district-wide school staffing on Frontline and with work with school secretarial staff and administrators to ensure all classrooms are staffed. Manage long-term absence substitute assignments
- Operate and maintain Frontline system
- Assist with all Human Resources department operations including providing support to employees and applicants via phone, walk-in visits or email
- Accept application, interview and screen applicants, check references on all substitute applicants, and
- complete the hiring process
- Enter and maintain all certified and classified employee data in Frontline.
- Process staff and substitute employee ID badges
- File correspondence and other records in prescribed manner.
- Update job descriptions and post open positions.
- Assemble and update new hire packets.
- Fingerprint new employees
- Log and track District & Site volunteers and coaches.
- Conduct new hire reference checks.
- Assist in distribution of certification documents or forms.
- Assist with background screenings and employment verification forms.
- Disseminate all personnel forms to employees and departments.
- Assist in word processing/scanning of materials as needed.
- Become familiar with and assist other District Office staff with their responsible area as the need arises.
- Other related clerical duties as assigned.
- The district reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary
TITLE: Human Resources Assistant/ Guest Teacher Coordinator/ District Receptionist
SALARY: Level 5
• High School Diploma or AA preferred.
REPORTS TO: Business Manager/Human Resources Director
EVALUATION: Annually by the Business Manager/Human Resources Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months