English Language Arts Teacher - 7th/8th Grades
- English Language Arts Teacher - 7th/8th Grades JobID: 642
- Position Type:
Middle School Teaching/Language Arts
- Date Posted:
Page Middle School
- Date Available:
2019-2020 School Year
- Closing Date:
Open until filled   TITLE: English Language Arts (ELA) Teacher - 7th/8th Grades - Page Middle School
- Subject Matter
- Established curriculum and curriculum trends
- Laws, rules, policies and trends in instruction
- Assessment procedures
- Human development and learning
- Behavior management
- Effective communication
- Develop appropriate lessons
- Develop and implement Governing Board approved curriculum
- Comply with laws, rules and policies
- Assess student needs and progress
- Make appropriate application of learning principles
- Maintain acceptable student behavior
- Communicate effectively with students, parents and peers
SALARY: Certified Salary Schedule
The middle school ELA teacher develops students’ academic skills through academic courses of study and implementing the district approved curriculum, documents teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes, addresses specific educational needs of students, provides a safe and optimal learning environment, and provides feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
· Knowledge of:
Applicants must meet appropriately certified requriements - Please contact Arizona Department of Education at http://www.ade.state.az.us for information concerning reciprocity.Up to 5 years experience credit on the certified salary schedule. New Teachers receive a 198 day contract. Training to all new teachers, paid holidays, Arizona State Retirement, 12 undesignated paid leave days. For application materials please go to www.pageusd.org Letter of interest, application, resume’ and supporting documents should be submitted ASAP for consideration. Any newly hired applicant must successfully complete FBI background check.
· Completion of course works satisfying the requirements for issuance of an Arizona Teaching Certificate and all endorsements in the area(s) of assignment. Must be Highly Qualified as out- lined by NCLB in the area of assignment.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
· The teacher's performance is evaluated by the building principal and/or designee according to the provisions of PUSD’s policy on evaluation.
Work where others play. Page, Lake Powell, AZ is a small, progressive community located 130 miles north of Flagstaff, AZ on a high plateau between the Navajo Nation and spectacular Lake Powell, near the Grand Canyon. A school district of about 2,700, we offer Our community is very supportive of the school system. Page, AZ is a wonderful, beautiful and safe place to raise a family.