High School ED-P Self Contained Classroom Teacher
Descripción del trabajo
- High School ED-P Self Contained Classroom Teacher JobID: 430
- Position Type:
High School Teaching
- Date Posted:
Page High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- Develop, access and implement the following supports according to federal, state and district policies:
- Emotionally Disabled Self Contained Placement (ED-P) Program
- School site based self-contained behavior support program
- Outside agency collaborations (therapeutic group homes, outpatient/inpatient mental health, etc.)
- Develop and implement academic services and curriculum; therapeutic services and Curriculum; security protocol; crisis intervention; transportation; and staff training for ED Program with ED Services Director/Site Principals.
- Implement AB instructional strategies, ie DDT, PRT /data collection procedures
- Ensure staff training, implementations, and supervision of classroom management and behavioral components of school site based self-contained support programs.
- Provide parent and student support, coordination of services and implementation of IEP throughout the alternative placement process; referral, pre-care, placement, treatment, reintegration, and aftercare.
- Assist with the completion of all mandated ADE reports related to ED-P placements, including but not limited to: Multidisciplinary evaluation Team Reports, Individualized Education Program, Behavioral Contracts, data collection procedures, student point system.
- Develop and maintain records on all students in placements in compliance with IDEA regulations including obtaining and coordinating records between agencies, when necessary.
- Advocate and acts as liaison between school, students, families and outside service agencies to facilitate most effective treatment outcomes and enhance cultural ties via student IEP process.
- Coordinate 1x monthly inter agency meetings between school, students, families and outside agencies, or needed.
- Recommend ongoing professional development to district certified and classified staff, students, and parents in related areas as needed.
- Acts as delegated LEA district representative and conduct IEP team meetings
- Consult and coordinate with ESS Director on a regular basis regarding program implementation, trainings, and crisis management etc.
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with staff, students, parents, and outside agencies.
- Handles crisis in a professional and calm manner following established safety protocols and intervention procedures.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) Credentials preferred
- Training in Crisis intervention strategies, desirable
- Experience with development of data collection sheets/ charting behavior
- Minimum of three (3) years of Special Education teaching experience
- Minimum two (2) years of working with behavior designated students
- Experience with group therapy, individual counseling, and behavioral support, intervention techniques, and safety procedures and protocol preferred
- Experience collaborating with local service agencies preferred
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, communication and mediation skills, documentation skills, writing skills, and the ability to self-direct and self-monitor.
Job Title: High School ED-P Self Contained Classroom Teacher
Salary: Certified Salary Schedule. Up to 8 years of experience credited on the certified salary schedule with appropriate verification.
Completion of course works satisfying the requirements for issuance of an Arizona Teaching Certificate and all endorsements in the area(s) of assignment. Applicants are required to be Properly Certified by Arizona teaching certification guidelines- Please contact Arizona Department of Education at http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/ for information concerning reciprocity. A Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card is requiring for obtaining AZ Certification. The Human Resources Department assists with the application process.
* Valid Arizona Special Education, Emotional Disabilities, or Cross Categorical Teaching Certificate with additional training in the areas of Emotional Disabilities (20 hrs)
Reports To: Building Principal
The teacher's performance is evaluated by the building principal and/or designee according to the provisions of PUSD's policy on evaluation.
A school district of about 2,500 students, of which 78% are Native American, we offer a New Teacher Induction training to all new teachers, a 198 day new teacher contract, paid holidays, Arizona State Retirement, 12 undesignated paid leave days, and relocation stipends.
Work where others play! Page, Lake Powell, AZ is a small, progressive community located 130 miles north of Flagstaff, AZ on a high plateau between the Navajo Nation and spectacular Lake Powell. Surrounded by several natural attractions, such as Horseshoe Bend, the Colorado River, and Antelope Canyon, and also centrally located amongst Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches, and more. Page, AZ is a beautiful place to live and work.
Online application, followed by application screening and interview process. Application, resume' and supporting documents should be submitted ASAP for consideration.