K-12 Student Achievement Teacher SY2019/20
- K-12 Student Achievement Teacher SY2019/20 JobID: 678
- Position Type:
Teachers On Assignment
- Date Posted:
Page Unified School District
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled
- Regularly monitor assessments and intervention administration for integrity.
- Collect and monitor student achievement data using formative assessments and benchmarks for the students.
- Ensure that assessment data is communicated to teachers in a timely manner.
- Review assessment data regularly with principal and make recommendations for instructional implications and/or remediation plans.
- Meet with grade level teachers at least once per month to monitor student achievement.
- Develops and trains a bank of individuals to administer assessments
- Maintains focus on improving student achievement
- Coach, facilitate, and collaborate with classroom teachers on core instructional strategies for standard based instruction and any ongoing class wide interventions or individual interventions for students.
- Designs and evaluates professional development activities aligned with district and school goals
- Researches and provides appropriate resources to all school staff
- Establishes a system to provide consistent support to all instructional staff
- Facilitates effective group work through job-embedded professional development
- Plans and institutionalizes appropriate professional development activities based on data analysis
- Completes prescribed time with teachers in the PUSD ICE Program
- Assists teachers with lesson reflection through multiple media, e.g., videos, data
- Supports growth goals for all school staff
- Trains and participates in lesson studies annually, including video lessons
- Willingness to develop and teach district-approved classes
- Supports building goals and initiatives
- Reflects on professional practices – assists with the organization of peer observations by all staff
- Participates in all instructional coaching training and PLC activities
- Participates in district meetings as requested
- Reads professional journals and attends trainings to continuously update professional knowledge
- Attend scheduled meetings at the District Office.
- Bi-annual Self-Evaluation Review
- Summative Evaluation with Building Principal and Director of Curriculum and Instruction
JDE K-12 Student Achievement Teacher
PUSD Mission Statement: TO PROVIDE EACH STUDENT WITH A CHALLENGING ACADEMIC EDUCATION IN A CARING AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT.
It is the intent of the Governing Board that all staff shall be aware of and practice their job duties toward the fulfillment of our mission statement.
Attachment “A”: District Priorities shall be incorporated into all PUSD Job Descriptions.
TITLE: K-12 Student Achievement Teacher
CONTRACT: 10 Month Teacher on Special Assignment
SALARY: As determined by the Governing Board DOE
REPORTS TO: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
This position may work with all four schools to ensure the needs of our students are being met in the educational program. Whether it is through differentiation, acceleration, or classroom modifications, all students should progress according to their knowledge, skills and abilities.
BS or BA in Education with appropriate Arizona Certification
Knowledge of PUSD Curriculum, state standards and researched-based instructional stratagies for students
Demonstrated classroom teaching ability at the elementary/ secondary level
Successful teaching experience of five or more years
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
Demonstrated ability to conduct and institutionalize professional development activities
Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data
Demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences
Knowledge of current practices to improve student achievement
Ability to schedule and evaluate numerous activities, meetings, and events
Ability to multi-task and to set SMART goals
Demonstrated ability to maintain professional confidentiality
Demonstrated knowledge of adult instruction
Maintains the integrity of professional relationships
Demonstrated competency in conflict resolution regarding instructional issues
Creates an environment that is research based and respectful
Demonstrated collaborative practice and mind set
Student Achievement Teacher:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 month