Night Custodian Supervisor
- Night Custodian Supervisor JobID: 535
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Unitl Filled   Title:
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Ability to work alone and run a crew of 10 or more.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Methods and materials used in custodial maintenance.
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment.
- Procedures for the preparation and use of cleaning materials. Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in custodial and maintenance work.
- Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
- Ability to perform maintenance worker duties.
- Ensures that custodial services meet the needs of all facility buildings by scheduling work activities and adjusting workloads to compensate for scheduled and unscheduled absences, changing priorities, school events and special custodial projects.
- Making sure staff is supplied with materials and supplies need to complete duties.
- Makes rounds ensuring that the quality of custodial services meets established guidelines by inspecting the work of the custodial personnel and directing corrective measures to be taken when necessary to meet those guidelines. Including instructing all employee in the proper methods and use of materials and equipment for safe and efficient work performance, evaluation individual performances to meet established standards, providing require performance evaluations on custodial personnel and making recommendations regarding the retention of employees.
- Assist in hiring qualified employees.
- Enforce rules and policies regarding employee conduct by issuing verbal warnings and written reprimands for violations, and recommending progressive disciplinary action to the immediate supervisor as appropriate.
- Performs daily custodial/ maintenance duties as needed in support of the departmental mission including services under emergency conditions or unique circumstances.
- Remains competent and current by attending training and /or course required by the immediate supervisor.
- Meets with School Supervisors to insure cleaning expectations are met.
- Carry cell phone/portable radio to maintain work place communication.
- Must be available on call, to respond to emergency calls and other site situations that may arise and assist with needed help.
- Corresponds with Facility Director for support, updates and duties.
- Report needs for repair and maintenance of facilities.
- Assist in securing the buildings.
- Ensure that power cleaning equipment is maintained in proper working order
- The district reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Director.
- High School diploma and 3 years of experience in custodial operations preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Good physical condition and neat appearance
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of tasks assigned
- Literacy in the English language and able to communicate verbally, Navajo preferred
Night Custodian Supervisor
Classified Level 4
Education & Experience:
Terms of Employment:
12 month, full time position.
Annually by the Facilities Director