Page High School Special Education Resource (English)
- Page High School Special Education Resource (English) JobID: 270
- Position Type:
High School Teaching/SPED w/core subject endorsement
- Date Posted:
Page High School
- Date Available:
Retirement through ASRS (PUSD matching contribution approx 12% total)
High School Special Education Resource English
Salary includes Prop 301 *DOE
BA $43,822 - $49,726
MA $47,205 - $52,447
*Additional Compensation for Special Skills/Endorsements
Benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
$5,522.52 annually paid by PUSD covers all of medical silver plan employee
Performance Pay - approx- $1650
Building Goals - approx $1500
Professional Development - up to $1500
Relocation $750 in state / $1500 out of state
The job of "Teacher -High School" is done for the purpose/s of facilitating student success in academic and interpersonal skills through academic courses of study and implementing District approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
* Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher's expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
* Assesses student for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students' progress, expectations, goals, etc.
* Assists other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
* Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
* Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
* Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined course of study.
* Monitors student activities (e.g. classroom, lunch, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
* Prepares teaching materials and reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and providing documentation of teacher and student progress.
* Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code, district and/or school policies.
Other Job Functions:
* Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
* Participates in various meetings (e.g. parent conferences, in-service training, site meetings, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information and/or meeting credential requirements.
Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required: Prior job related experience.
In addition, applicants must meet Arizona and Federal Appropriatly Qualified Requirements - Please contact Arizona Department of Education at http://www.ade.state.az.us/ for information about reciprocity. Teach in a High School of approximately 800 students. Salary Range: will give credit for up to 20 years experience on the stepless certified salary schedule. For application materials please go to www.pageud.org. Letter of interest, application, resume and supporting documents should be submitted ASAP for consideration. Any newly hired applicant must successfully complete FBI background check.
Work where others play. Page, Lake Powell, AZ is a small, progressive community located 130 miles north of Flagstaff, AZ on a high plateau between the Navajo Nation and spectacular Lake Powell, near the Grand Canyon. A school district of about 2,500 students of which 79% are Native American, we offer induction to all new teacher 198 day new teacher contract, paid holidays, Arizona State Retirement, 12 undesignated paid leave days. Our community is very supportive of the school system. Page, AZ is a wonderful, beautiful and safe place to raise a family.
Application screening and interview process