Paraprofessional - Kindergarten
- Paraprofessional - Kindergarten JobID: 320
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Lake View Primary
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- Ability to relate well to both children and adults
- Good written and oral language skills
- Ability to understand and provide supplemental help to students
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; computer experience preferred.
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Possess an AA degree
- Have two years of college credits
- Demonstrate knowledge of reading, writing, math, and the ability to assist in instructing these subjects by passing the paraprofessional PRAXIS test
- Establish base-line data through pre and post testing of identified students, and use computer and testing data to track student progress.
- Under the direction of district personnel to provide supplemental support to identified students by coordinating testing, record keeping, scheduling and prioritizing special services.
- Assist teacher in small group or individual instruction
- Prepare special materials for students and for the classroom
- Supervise students as needed
- The District reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary
TITLE: Paraprofessional – Kindergarten
SALARY: Classified schedule – LEVEL 3
Must be a highly qualified paraprofessional by completing one of the following:?
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and/or supervising teacher
EVALUATION: Annually by the Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 Month Classified