* ParaProfessional - Reading
- * ParaProfessional - Reading JobID: 245
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Desert View Intermediate
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- Self motivated with minimal supervision
TITLE: Paraprofessional - Reading
SALARY: Classified Salary Schedule
• Ability to relate well to both children and adults
• Good written and oral language skills
• Ability to understand and provide supplemental help to students
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; computer experience preferred.
• Used in classrooms to provide instruction. Supervised and directed by a certified teacher.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and/or supervising teacher
• Establish base-line data through pre and post testing of identified students, and use computer and testing data to track student progress.
• Under the direction of district personnel to provide supplemental support to identified students by coordinating testing, record keeping, scheduling and prioritizing special services.
• Assist teacher in small group or individual instruction
• Prepare special materials for students and for the classroom
• Supervise students as needed
• The District reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary
• Annually by the Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 month position with benefits