Descripción del trabajo
- PE Teacher JobID: 284
- Position Type:
High School Teaching/Physical Education
- Date Posted:
Page High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- Plan and implement PE lessons based on state standards and embed opportunities for the AZ College and Career Ready Standards in the areas of reading and writing;
- Create engaging strength and conditioning lessons that implement a variety of methodologies;
- Develop student strength, confidence, and well-being by cultivating student awareness, and ownership, of personal performance data;
- Develop teamwork by teaching groups of students how to set collective and personal development goals, by celebrating individual and collective accomplishments, and by teaching the importance of self-improvement/competing against self, rather than against teammates;
- Maintain a clean and structured PE classroom that is a safe place for all students;
- Continually assess student progress toward mastery of state standards and keep students and parents well informed of student progress by collecting and tracking data, providing daily feedback and weekly assessments
- Provide accommodations and modifications for growth and success for all students;
- Attend all department and staff meetings, and attend designated school functions outside of school hours
High School PE Teacher
The Physical Education teacher provides our students with a foundation in health and physical education focusing on strength, stretching, and conditioning as a means towards developing resiliency and living a balanced and healthy life. The Physical Education teacher will also provide our students with opportunities to reach our school goals.
Applicants must meet Arizona and Federal Highly Qualified Requirements - Please contact Arizona Department of Education at http://www.ade.state.az.us for information about reciprocity. Any newly hired applicant must successfully complete FBI background check.
Work where others play. Page, Lake Powell, AZ is a small, progressive community located 130 miles north of Flagstaff, AZ on a high plateau between the Navajo Nation and spectacular Lake Powell, near the Grand Canyon.
Salary Range: will give credit for up to 20 years experience on the certified stepless salary schedule. New Teachers receive a 198 day contract, paid holidays, Arizona State Retirement, 12 undesignated paid leave days. Our community is very supportive of the school system. Page, AZ is a wonderful, beautiful and safe place to raise a family.
For application materials please go to www.pageud.org. Letter of interest, application, resume' and supporting documents should be submitted ASAP for consideration.
Application screening and interview process