Social Studies Teacher
- Social Studies Teacher JobID: 652
- Position Type:
High School Teaching/Social Studies - History
- Date Posted:
Page High School
- Date Available:
2020-2021 School Year
- Closing Date:
Open until filled   TITLE: Social Studies Teacher
- Subject Matter
- Established curriculum and curriculum trends
- Laws, rules, policies and trends in instruction
- Assessment procedures
- Human development and learning
- Behavior management
- Effective communication
- Develop appropriate lessons
- Develop and implement Governing Board approved curriculum
- Comply with laws, rules and policies
- Assess student needs and progress
- Make appropriate application of learning principles
- Maintain acceptable student behavior
- Communicate effectively with students, parents and peers
SALARY: Certified Stepless Salary Schedule
The job of "Teacher - High School" is done for the purpose/s of developing students' academic skills through academic courses of study and implementing District approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment, and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Applicants must meet appropriately certified requirements - Please contact Arizona Department of Education at http://www.ade.state.az.us for information concerning reciprocity. Student High School population of approximately 800 students. Up to 20 years’ experience credit on the certified stepless salary schedule. 2020-2021 school year commences August 4, 2020 New Teachers receive a 198 day contract. Induction training to all new teachers, paid holidays, Arizona State Retirement, 12 undesignated paid leave days. For application materials please go to www.pageud.org. Letter of interest, application, resume' and supporting documents should be submitted ASAP for consideration. Any newly hired applicant must successfully complete FBI background check.
• Completion of course works satisfying the requirements for issuance of an Arizona Teaching Certificate and all endorsements in the area(s) of assignment. Must be appropriately certified in the area of assignment.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
• The teacher's performance is evaluated by the building principal and/or designee according to the provisions of PUSD's policy on evaluation.
Work where others play. Page, Lake Powell, AZ is a small, progressive community located 130 miles north of Flagstaff, AZ on a high plateau between the Navajo Nation and spectacular Lake Powell, near the Grand Canyon. A school district of about 2,700 students. Page, AZ is a wonderful, beautiful and safe place to raise a family.
Application Procedure: Apply Online