Substitute Teacher (K-12)
- Substitute Teacher (K-12) JobID: 207
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Page Unified School District
- A regular teaching certificate, substitute or emergency substitute certificate issued by the Arizona Department of Education
- Official Transcripts
- Must posses or able to obtain a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must pass a pre-employment backgorund check
- High School Diploma
- BA or AA or equivalent
- Maintain as fully as possible the established routines of the school and classroom to which assigned
- Teach the lessons outlined and described as prepared by the absent teacher
- Assume responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class
- Report for assignment in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as directed by the building principal during each teacher prep time
- Follow all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and good teaching practice dictates
Title: Substitute Teacher K-12
Salary: Daily rate of $100 - $120 based on certificate held. An additional $30 per day for mileage, if more than 15 miles outside of the district. Daily rate of $175 for long term assignments (9 weekd or more).
An individual who holds a valid Arizona Teaching or Administrator certificate shall not be required to hold a Substitute certificate to be employed as a substitute teacher. The individual holding only a substitute or emergency substitute certificate shall not be assigned a contract teaching position and shall be limited to 120 days of substitute teaching in the same school each school year. With a High School diploma or AA you can receive an emergency substitute certificate. The emergency certificate will expire July 1st of the ending school year. A standard substitute certificate is valid for 6 years and requires a BA or higher. Substitute teaching may not be used to waive the student teaching practicum.
NOTE: Effective January 1, 2008, per Arizona State Statute A.R.S. § 15-106, an applicant who applies for a teaching certificate shall submit an Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint card. "Non-IVP" Arizona fingerprint clearance cards issued will NOT be accepted.