Teacher - English / ESL
- Teacher - English / ESL JobID: 664
- Position Type:
High School Teaching
- Date Posted:
Page High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled   Description:
Teacher - English / ESL
The job of "Teacher - High School" is done for the purpose/s of developing students' academic skills through academic courses of study and implementing District approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment, and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Qualifications: Applicants must meet Arizona and Federal Appropriatly Certified Requirements - Please contact Arizona Department of Education at http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/files/2012/08/requirements-for-native-american-language-certificate.pdf for information about obtaining Native American Language Certificate. Teach in a High School of approximately 8000 students. Salary Range: will give credit for up to 20 years experience on the certified salary schedule. New Teachers receive a 198 day contract. Any newly hired applicant must successfully complete FBI background check.
A teacher in the Page Unified School District #8 has a responsibility to:
1. Guide the learning, interest and activities of each student by:
a. Selecting objectives at the correct level of difficulty
b. Teaching to one sub-objective at a time
c. Utilizing the principles of learning/language acquisition
d. Assessing student performance and modifying instruction accordingly
2. Be familiar with law relating to teachers and students, policies, rules and regulations of the Page Unified School District #8 Governing Board and with the courses of study and curriculum guides adopted for the work of their respective teaching assignments.
3. Participate in Navajo language specific professional development activities
4. Attend meetings and Chapter meetings as requested
5. Perform other such duties as are assigned by the administration, Indian Education Committee, and the Governing Board.
Working Conditions: Work where others play. Page, Lake Powell, AZ is a small, progressive community located 130 miles north of Flagstaff, AZ on a high plateau between the Navajo Nation and spectacular Lake Powell, near the Grand Canyon. A school district of about 2,500 students of which 76% are Native American. We offer 198 day new teacher contract, paid holidays, Arizona State Retirement, 12 undesignated paid leave days. Our community is very supportive of the school system. Page, AZ is a wonderful, beautiful and safe place to raise a family.
Selection Procedure: Application screening and interview process
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Set annually by the Governing Board